Located just along the highway leading to Malolos and fronting the Guiguinto River, the Parish Church of San http://iga.edu/essays-for-sale/ Ildefonso in Guiguinto is one of the oldest in the province. It is believed that building of the church and convent was started prior to 1691. However, it took sometime to finish maybe because of the economic situation of the town that by 1734, it was still unfinished.
The facade is simple and Baroque and has an affinity with the design of the church in Baliuag. Last year, just before the quadricentennial of the town’s foundation, the front repainted and the top of the pediment including the cross were replaced.